Serving: 20 Pieces| Type: Chettinad Sweet/ Pillayar Nombu
|Raw Rice||-1 cup (level)|
|Urad Dhal||-1 to 1 ½tbsp|
|Brown Sugar||-¾ cup|
|Oil||-Oil for frying|
- Soak the rice, urad dhal, thoor dhal and fenugreek for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind smoothly with little water(don’t add too much water).
- It should be thick batter.
- Now add brown sugar, pinch of salt and cardamom powder.
- Mix it well and keep it for2 to 3 hours.
- Take a nonstick pan heat with oil on medium flame.
- Take medium size spoon(Karandi) mix the batter nicely .
- Take a spoonful of batter and pour into the hot oil.
- Let it cook for a second until paniyaram will come up.
- Then turn the paniyaram into other side cook for a second until it gets golden color.
- Serve hot.
- This is very special dish for chettinad.
- This paniyaram should be round, and edge should be wavy ,and middle should be sponge.
- Some places they add grated coconut and broken cashew nuts.