Serving:30 pieces |Type: Chettinad –snack
|Urad Dhal||-¾ cup|
|Grated Coconut||-2 to3tbsp|
- Wash and soak the rice and dhal together for 3 to 4hours.
- Then grind it in the grinder or mixer with add little by little water to fine paste.
- Make sure no grains find in the hand while touching the dough.
- Take a dough into the bowl add salt.
- Take a pan heat with 1 spoon oil add mustard lets it pop up then add onion, green chili and asafotida sauté for 1 or 2 minute then add coconut ,curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Sauté it nicely add it with a dough and mix it well.
- Take a pan heat with oil for frying on medium flame.
- Oil should be hot but not very high.
- Take a dough in hand drop like a balls.
- It is not necessary to be a perfect round ball.
- Fry it in the medium flame otherwise it won’t cook inside.
- Fry it like golden color and takeout from the oil.
- Serve with chutney or sambar.
- This dish is very easy to make it but you have to be careful with certain things.
- Oil should not be very hot, Dough should be very fine paste, Mustard should be pop up in the oil while seasoning.
- Otherwise the cheeyam can explode . Please be careful while frying.
- This is very special snack from chettinad.