|Vallarai leaves (chopped)||-1 cup|
|Onion (chopped)||-1/2 cup (optional)|
|Tomato (chopped)||-1/2 cup|
|Thur Dhal (cooked)||-3tbsp|
|Bay Leaves||-1 small|
|Black Stone Flower(Kal Pasi)||-few|
- In the pressure cooker pour water and mix with cooked dhal.
- Add all the ingredients except coriander leaves.
- Cook until 2 whistle come and change it to low heat for 3 minutes, turn off the stove.
- Let the cooker cool down, then open it.
- Take another pan heat with ghee add all seasonings, let it fry without burning, then add it into the soup.
- Boil it for 3 minutes, turn off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Let it cool down (not completely cold) and add ¼ cup of milk before serving .
- You can take out ¾ of the cooked vegetables grind it into smooth paste and add it into the soup, it will give thicker soup
- In USA you can get vallarai at all oreintal grocers. Its called (RAU-MA).